ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM
Assist the Shift Engineer with the day-to-day operation of the plant’s steam, wood waste and effluent treatment systems.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: Diploma of vocational studies (DVS) or equivalent
- Certification: 4th class Stationary Engineer ticket, must be willing to work towards receiving their 3nd class license. Assistance is provided.
- Experience: Knowledge of natural gas and wood fired steam boiler systems, familiarity with system computer interfacing and PLC systems, ability to ensure the safe and efficient operation of a wood waste boiler plant, knowledge of waste water treatment.
- Language: English only, bilingualism is an asset
CONDITIONS: Compensation and hours
- Wages: $29.26 to $29.85
- Hours: 40 per week
- Shift work: Continuous rotating 12 hour shifts.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
- Live up to RYAM’s values, principles and guidelines.
- Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, applicable regulations and laws, as well as our collective agreement.
SETTING & LIFESTYLE: What to expect at the site and in the region
RAYONIER ADVANCED MATERIALS IN BRIEF
- Kapuskasing’s operations include the newsprint mill with some 350 employees, a sawmill with 125 employees, and a forest management operation with 100 employees.
- Planned as a model town, Kapuskasing is a bilingual community with a population of close to 10,000 that serves a number of smaller nearby communities.
- Housing costs in Kapuskasing are about a third of the Ontario average, and the area boasts good schools and health care.
- The area appeals to outdoor enthusiasts and offers many recreational activities – especially boating, fishing and hunting.
Rayonier Advanced Materials is a global manufacturer of forest products, including lumber, paper, packaging and a global leader of high purity cellulose, a natural polymer commonly found in cell phones, computer screens, filters and pharmaceuticals. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,200 people and generates approximately US$2 billion of revenues. More information is available at www.rayonieram.com
Only selected applicants will be notified.